Monday, October 22, 2007

Family - Gods way of showing Love

People often say that we can choose our friends but family is something we are "stuck" with. Well if you had a family like mine, you would wish you were "stuck" with it for life.

A grandfather that is by far the most intelligent 70 year old person you can find on the face of the earth. Respected by all and idolised by the young ones, his knowledge is par excellence. You would be surprised if you saw him perform math calculations faster than an average calculator. He is a highly principled person who has lived his life with respect and will continue to have that respect till his last breath. His love for the family is so much that he goes out of the way, even at this age, to be a part of each an every family member's life. No matter what health condition, he has been there at every single occasion in my life, right from my school plays to graduation, from my GMAT exam to my visa interview, from my pre-departure shopping to my take-off - he has been there everywhere, everytime.
I love him tremendously and he is my Idol. I have learnt my money and time management skills from him and am proud to be his grand daughter. He is truly the head of our family and my life would never have been the same without him. No matter how irritated I must have got with his occasional advises and examples, I can never imagine my life without him. He is truly my pillar of strength.

This is just 1 of the 6 other members of my wonderful family. What can I say - I guess I am just lucky ;)

No comments: